DeRosa Imports was founded by Antonio and Rosa DeRosa when they immigrated from old Italy to the Eastern Chicago area. The DeRosa’s came from a very long line of merchants of pasta, olive oil, wine and coffee, where they had become a well-known name in the large Italian community outside of Naples, Italy.
Later they returned to their small town of Montedecoro – in this town their oldest son Clemente DeRosa was raised. He returned to the states in 1946 and joined his father and mother in the family business. At this time Clemente introduced Greek and Yugoslavian foods to accommodate the ever-changing community. As the ethnic diversity grew in the community so did the DeRosa Imports.
After relocating to Griffith, Indiana – DeRosa Imports branched into Hungarian, Turkish and Bulgarian foods. Now the business is owned by the son of Clemente, Anthony DeRosa who also introduced a variety of new products and an expansion of the coffees and foods available to not only the local area but across the United States and the world via this website. Welcome and thank you for visiting DeRosa Imports.